The process is called Collagen Induction Therapy and is used to improve
- Texture and tone, surface scarring and fine wrinkles
How does it work?
Micro needling is based on the use of tiny needles to create micro channels (tiny holes) in the skin. The process stimulates your skin’s natural ability to heal itself and in the process produces collagen and elastin.
This repair process begins almost immediately and results in a thicker dermis and softened wrinkles or scars. We use the automated GENOSYS Dermafix pen for its predictable performance and safety profile.
There is no tissue destruction with micro needling. The small channels in the epidermis close very quickly and the skin begins a healing response right away. Depending on the depth of the skin defect, you may see only redness or you may experience some pinpoint bleeding which stops almost immediately.
An outstanding product absorption booster
These superficial micro-channels also allow serums to be absorbed more effectively into the skin. Specific treatment products can be selected to achieve accelerated results. We’ll employ various serums depending upon your needs. These will be determined on your consultation appointment.
What areas can be treated?
Micro needling can safely be used on nearly all parts of the body with the most frequent treatments being on the face, neck, decollete, hands and arms.
Why we use the automated GENOSYS Dermafix pen:
- It is able to deliver a predictable healing experience which is not always possible with lasers or other devices.
- It uses sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips.
- Adjustable needle penetration depths allows a custom treatment program for your specific skin problems and preferences for treatment aggressiveness.
- Micro needling is safe for ALL skin types. This is a boost for skins that have a tendency to over react to heat based treatments or those with ultra sensitive skins which do not tolerate heat treatments well.The high-speed motor causes the needle penetration to occur very quickly which means it will feel more like a sandpaper sensation than needles. Scar treatments require longer needles which invade “nerve space” and thus, produce more sensation.You’ll likely look as if you have a sunburn following treatment. This can last the rest of the day, to several days or a week depending on treatment depth. You will have to wear a high factor sun block for 4 weeks after treatment, avoid chlorine, facial products with acidic ingredients, laser treatment and microdermabrasion.
- After the treatment
- What does microneedling feel like?